Monday, February 13, 2006

Podcast rant

Ok. I have been putting this off for a bit, but can’t do it anymore. I am not a rich person so, I was thrilled to death to get a RCA Lyra for Christmas. I can’t afford an iPod and don’t expect anyone to buy one for me. My RCA won’t work with iTunes, although I do have a subscription with them. That is not my problem. Why do people who do a podcast just use iTunes for their subscriptions?
Now, if I want to listen to this podcast, I have to come back to their website each week and check for an update and then download it. I know the majority of mp3 players out there are iPods, but how many people don’t have an iPod specifically?
I guess I just need to rant, but how many people are missing your content because you use iTunes only? How many people are missing your message because you just want to be popular? If you are a church, why are you shutting out lost people who don’t have or can’t afford an iPod?
Maybe I am just lazy, but it doesn’t take anymore to do both. In fact, you have to have the link for the podcast that’s not iTunes to send to Apple to make iTunes work.
Oh well, stepping off my soapbox now.