Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Highs and Lows

Talking about a week of peaks and valleys. This was supposed to be a great week for me. Yesterday was my 8th wedding anniversary. I was supposed to talk about how great the last 8 to 10 years have been. How my life was changed for the best when I met Misty during a really tough time in my life. But Monday was a morning I want to forget and just get this week over with.
My second line manager come by early Monday morning and told our team that our team lead had passed away over the weekend in some kind of accident. Just out of the blue, bang. Your week has gone to pot. Our team can’t get focused and we really don’t want to do anything. We just can’t get focused on work. We just keep thinking about his family. He has two kids who are home schooled. In fact, it has taken me about two hours to write this. The IT department here is taking up a collection for his kids and their education.
Maybe I can think straight next week.