Wednesday, July 06, 2005

More like my dad than I thought?

I had last week off from work on vacation, but I think I got more done in my life than I would ever got done at work. My whole life growing up I have heard stories about how my dad would always take me places while we lived just outside of Cincinnati. I have heard comments like, "He is going to wear the wheels out on that stroller."
I took Colby to his first movie at one of the local theaters on Tuesday. They show free kids movies on Tuesday and Wednesday's during the summer so we figured that would be a good way to see how he handles the theater. He did good. I was able to spend all day with him as we then went to lunch and then to the fire station to have the twins car seats installed. Their Dr. told us to get them out of their carriers. Only 7 months old, but that's another post.
In Dr. Dobson's book, Bringing up Boys, he talks about how boys at Colby's age will start to pay more attention to their fathers to learn more about themselves. I can see that in him right now and loved the fact that I was able to spend the day with him. We then took him back to the movies on Thursday to see Madagascar which he loved.
I guess I am more like my dad than I thought.