Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wny I love my church

Herald-Leader photo Charles Bertram/Staff
We have attended Southland for a couple of years now and everyday I can always find something new I love about the church. I seen this picture in the local paper today along with a story that mentioned our church and about 50 of our staff going out while the families of Comair flight 5191 headed to the crash scene for the first time.

Fifty-two staff members from Southland Christian Church got out and stood alongside the six-lane stretch of road holding their signs. As the procession passed by, family members could be seen inside the busses dabbing their eyes.

Jon Weece, senior pastor for the city's largest congregation, said the staff sought to show their support.

"We just want this to stand for itself," Weece said.
Quote taken from the Lexington Herald-Leader.

52 people took time from their work and made it known to 49 families that we love them and we are there for them. Our mission statement is simple "Love God, Love People".

I love Southland.