Wednesday, August 17, 2005

New Direction?

Over the last month or so, I have really been reading other blogs, mainly in the area of IT in churches.  I love seeing how others working in IT have put their God given skills to help other ministries in their churches. Some of the blogs I have been reading are:
Jason Powell at Granger/
Terry Storch at Fellowship/ - although Terry is no longer in IT
http://www.churchnerd.com/blog/index.php?blog=1
http://churchtechmatters.com/
and http://www.betachurch.org/


Since moving to Nicholasville and working with Southland’s IT department, I have an urge if you will to move into that area. Where? Who knows? Only God does. I know that everything is in his time and the last week has really been frustrating. Not with just the timing, but other factors as well. Nothing bad, just a rough week. I feel like I am not doing enough for God in the IT area and have a desire to do it full time, just where?

Kentucky is not known for it’s IT hotbed of jobs, so is a move in order? In some ways I hope not as we just bought a town home here and would have to sell it. Not to mention the cost of moving and any other financial expenses.

I guess right now I am just looking for some clarity in my time with God which I need to do more of here lately. Three kids and ear tubes tend to take a lot of time away, but that’s not an excuse. I just need to take the time at work during lunch and just close my door to the world and just open up God’s word and let Him speak to me.
dj

ps I am trying the new Blogger tool for Word. Seems to work pretty good so far. I will see after I publish this post.