Sunday, January 27, 2008

Directing

This weekend was my scheduled weekend to work production at church. I was scheduled to be the technical director, you know, push the right buttons when the director tells you to push them. The key word is was. I get there and on the staff tells me that I am directing. Ok. If I had known, I would have showed up for the producers meeting with the director and the assistant director. It was an interesting service to direct as it was kind of broken up in different pieces. Not your normal music then announcements and then message. No, the message was broken up into four parts with music mixed in with it.

Everything went ok. It wasn't my first time directing but I was told I was going to be placed into the mix for directors after the next month or so. I got a lot of good tips from the staff member that technical directed for me. I have a lot to learn but it was fun and I can't wait to learn more. So, if you have any directing tips, pass them along :)

dj