Saturday, April 19, 2008

Is this a bad thing?

I was reading through my RSS feeds today and ran across this AP story which is from the Courier Journal in Louisville, Ky. Here is another story on the matter from the Herald Leader out of Lexington.

I have student loans myself and I wish I didn't. I wish I had bucked up while in college and just worked for the money. I have those things hanging over my head for who knows how long. My wife is the same way. So we have one huge loan know that will probably take longer to pay off than our house. How sad is that. Personal finance is not being thought in our schools and that needs to change.

I wish I had learn more about it growing up and maybe I wouldn't be in the money mess I am in now. I hope I can pass better information to our boys so when they get to college either they already have it paid for or they work to help pay for it.

dj