Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Here I go

Ok, so it’s time. Almost a year ago I posted about looking in a new direction in my work life. I have felt like God is calling me into the IT field. With working in Southland’s IT for the last year or so, I really can see the need. At the end of 2005, during a meeting at church, it was announced that Southland was adding a staff position for a web communications person. I thought that was pretty cool and looked into it. Shortly after that, one of our IT people announced he was leaving. I thought this is it, but God has other plans. Needless to say I didn’t get it. I can’t argue with who got it because he is very talented and very good at the job. I enjoy working with him and the rest of the crew.
So, I guess it was time to go back and pray and ask God what He wants me to do. Anytime I prayed, one name kept coming to my mind so I finally decided to email Stuart Cowen and we have chatted back and forth several times since then. After sending that first email, I have had nothing but peace about doing so but drug my feet on getting things started.  I have been talking with Jim Walton along with Stuart about what they do on the side of their fulltime jobs. I have also chatted with Jason Powell and want to say thanks to these three guys just for their support and willingness to talk to me.
After returning from the Churchmedia.net convention, I decided it was time to get off my tail and get this thing going. I worked with Tony Kanago, a 16-year-old from Washington state to move a domain I had picked up a while back and get a site up and running. So Central Kentucky Computer and Networking is up and running. This will only be part time for now, but you never know where it will lead. I would like to see it go full time, but we will see what God has in mind.
I hope to start a blog within that site based on Church IT soon, but don’t hold your breath just yet. Give me time to get some work coming in.
So, spread the word. I could use the work. :)